- Member for
- 6 years 5 months
Roberto Baldoni conducts research (from theory to practice) in the fields of distributed, pervasive and p2p computing, middleware platforms and information systems infrastructure with a specific emphasis on dependability and security aspects (here for the complete cv). He is the founder of MIDdleware LABoratory (MIDLAB) and he has been PI of many national and european research projects.
Roberto Baldoni has been visiting researcher at INRIA, Cornell Univ. and EPFL. He regularly participates and chairs committees of premiership international conferences and workshops. Recently he has been General Chair of OPODIS 2012, of ACM DEBS 2008 and in December 2013, with Marteen van Steen, Roberto Baldoni will be the PC Co Chair of 17th International Conference On Principles Of DIstributed Systems (OPODIS2013). From Jan. 1st 2013, Roberto Baldoni is Chair of the IEEE committee on Dependable Computing and Fault Tolerance and Chair of the Steering Committee of the International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks. He is also member of the IFIP WG 10.4, member of the steering committees of ACM DEBS, and member of the editorial boad of IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems.
Roberto currently is:
- Director at the Sapienza Research Center for Cyber Intelligence and Information Security (CIS).
- Dean of the School of Engineering in Computer Science at Sapienza University.
- Director at the Master in Interoperability for Public Administration and networked enterprises.
- CoFounder and President of Over Technologies. a Sapienza Spinoff on Smart Spaces Engineering.
- Project Coordinator of TENACE (Protecting National Critical Infrastructures From Cyber Threats). TENACE is a PRIN project whose consortium has a critical and multidisciplinary mass of academic scientists from 10 prestigious Italian Universities
- IBM Faculty Award (2012) for his research on "Smart Spaces"
- Event Processing Technical Society Innovation Award (2012)
- IBM Faculty Award (2010) for his research on "Massive event processing for Collaborative Security"
- Science2Business award (2010)
- ACM Recognition of Service Award (2002)
Roberto Badoni is currently interested in:
- Smart Environments
- Overlay-based Systems
- Resource Sharing Systems
- Event-based Systems
- Distributed Systems Security
He is author of around 200 peer-reviewed publications in international scientific conferences and journals in the area.