Domenico Lembo received the laurea degree in Ingegneria Informatica (Computer Engineering) at the University of Rome “La Sapienza” in 1999, and the Ph.D. in Engineering in Computer Science at the Department of Ingegneria Informatica, Automatica e Gestionale of the same university in 2004. He is currently assistant professor (ricercatore) at this department (ING/INF-05 cat.).
His main research interests concern conceptual and semantic data modeling, knowledge representation and reasoning, Description Logics, Semantic Web, ontologies and information systems, information integration and peer-to-peer data management, data inconsistency tolerance and data cleaning. On such topics he published more than 60 articles in the major journals and proceedings of national and international conferences and workshops on databases, artificial intelligence, knowledge representation, and semantic web (including AIJ, TODS, PODS, IJCAI, KR, EDBT, ESWC). He has been and is currently involved in several Italian and European projects on information integration, reasoning over ontologies, and data inconsistency management.
He is regularly member of the program committee of the most important conferences in the above mentioned scientific areas. In particular, he has been Program co-Chari of the 7th International Conference on Web Reasoning and Rule Systems (RR), in 2013, and of the 20th international workshop on Description Logics, in 2007. He has been General Chair del 25th international workshop on Description Logics, in 2012.
Since 2004 he is lecturer of courses in computer science (i.e., databases, software design, etc.) at the schools of engineering and information engineering of the Sapienza University. He is author of tutorials on ontologies and Semantic Web, presented at international conferences.
Only main publications of the last four years
- Inconsistency-tolerant Semantics for description Logics. Domenico Lembo, Maurizio Lenzerini, Riccardo Rosati,Marco Ruzzi, and Domenico Fabio Savo. In Proc. of the fourth International Conference on Web Reasoning and Rule Systems (RR 2010), 2010.
- Ontologies and databases: The DL-Lite approach Diego Calvanese, Giuseppe De Giacomo, Domenico Lembo, Maurizio Lenzerini, Antonella Poggi, Mariano Rodriguez-Muro, and Riccardo Rosati. In Semantic Technologies for Informations Systems - 5th Int. Reasoning Web Summer School (RW 2009), volume 5689 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 255-356. Springer, 2009
- Repair Localization for Query Answering from Inconsistent Databases. Thomas Eiter, Michael Fink, Gianluigi Greco, and Domenico Lembo. ACM Transactions on Database Systems (TODS). 33(2):1-51.2008.
- Inconsistency tolerance in P2P data integration: an epistemic logic approach Diego Calvanese, Giuseppe De Giacomo, Domenico Lembo, Maurizio Lenzerini, and Riccardo Rosati. Information Systems. 33(4):360-384, 2008.
- Linking Data to Ontologies Antonella Poggi, Domenico Lembo, Diego Calvanese, Giuseppe De Giacomo, Maurizio Lenzerini, and Riccardo Rosati. Journal on Data Semantics X, 133-173, LNCS 4900, 2008.
- Tractable reasoning and efficient query answering in Description Logics: The DL-Lite family. Diego Calvanese, Giuseppe De Giacomo, Domenico Lembo, Maurizio Lenzerini, and Riccardo Rosati. Journal of Automated Reasoning, 9(3):385-429, 2007.
- On reconciling data exchange, data integration, and peer data management. Giuseppe De Giacomo, Domenico Lembo, Maurizio Lenzerini, and Riccardo Rosati In Proc. of the 26th ACM SIGACT SIGMOD SIGART Symposium on Principles of Database Systems (PODS 2007), pages 133-142, 2007.
- EQL-Lite: Effective first-order query processing in Description Logics Diego Calvanese, Giuseppe De Giacomo, Domenico Lembo, Maurizio Lenzerini, and Riccardo Rosati In Proc. of the 20th Int. Joint Conf. on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2007), pages 274-279, 2007.
- Database Theory
- Knowledge Representation
- Description Logics
- Definition and Reasoning over Ontologies
- Semantic Web
- Information Integration